Position: R&D Engineer (Embedded)
Company: GDS Instruments Pte Ltd
GDS Instruments is solely a local Singapore established SME company specialising in sensor gas detection. We are fast becoming the leading developer of PID gas detection and are currently pursuing various sensor development technology for industrial gas detection applications. These solutions range from cutting edge TDLAS laser sensor, QCL MWIR sensor, Graphene-based sensor, FTIR Sensing technology, Imaging Gas Sensing technology for both portable and fixed gas detection, multi-gas detection, as well as incorporating wireless link and communication capabilities over IP (Internet Protocol) to IP based solutions. Website: www.gds-instruments.com
- Be part of a local SME organization team of engineers responsible for developing and validating software on sensing products like sensor stabilization and calibration, MCU, display solutions, signal transmission protocols, etc.
- Involved throughout the software development on the new product development life cycle, from product conception to product mass production.
- Involved and/or responsible for creating test plan, developing manual and/or automated test specifications, conducting test reviews and generating test reports, supporting team with his/her experience.
- Work with multi-discipline team in analysing software requirements, validating software, and assist in analysing and defect tracking to ensure that the products are released successfully.
- Involved in continuous improvement in the software validation process and methods.
- Higher learning (Master Degree or Degree) in engineering (EEE/Computer Engineering/ Related) with relevant experience. Candidates with at least 2 -3 years or more of relevant experience will be considered for senior roles.
- Experience in real-time and embedded programming in variety of Microsoft .NET technologies in C# programming in micro-framework, C, C++, Visual Basic, LabView.
- Have been working with different microcontrollers, microprocessors 8/16/32 bit and digital signal processors 16/32 bit.
- Have done digital and analogue hardware circuit design.
- Good analytical skill and detail-oriented for test preparation, execution, reporting and defect analysis.
- Experience in handling equipment like Oscilloscope, frequency generator, programmable power supply etc.
- Experience in product development life cycle and test methodology
- Knowledge of serial communication I2C SPI , RS232, MOD-Bus, USB, Ethernet TCP/IP.
- ARM processor programming language (such as Atmel ARM7NXP/Free scale /TI Cortex M3/4)
- Embedded development tools (such as Keil/IAR/Eclipse/Atmel Studio/TI Code Composer Studio)
- Able to speak and write fluently in English.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work in cross-cultural and cross functional global product development environment.
- Interested candidates please send your detail resume and recent photo, stating your expected renumeration to: Patrick Chan – Director, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. R&D Engineer (Systems Integration)
2. R&D Engineer (Control)
We are searching for a suitable candidate who wish to apply his or her knowledge in the R&D industry. Fresh graduates with exceptional abilities are warmly welcome! Interested candidates please email CV to: email@example.com
- A Singapore Citizen with at least a 2nd Upper Honours degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible candidates with relevant experience will be considered for a Senior position.
- System Integration
- Evaluate hardware module requirements and propose test cases.
- Execute hardware module interfacing, coding, testing, results reporting and documentation.
- Execute systems-level testing (HW/FW/SW) during integration under general guidance.
- Specify, integrate, and validate electronic and electrical modules to realize integrated system.
- Develop system-level control of electro-optical systems involving software coding and hardware interfacing.
- Develop, test and integrate algorithms for position feedback tracking control, vibration compensation, motor control, servo pattern demodulation and seek waveform generation.
- Develop real-time embedded firmware and electronics for realization of advanced high complexity control systems.
- Specify, integrate, and validate electronic and electrical systems to realize control system requirements.
- Develop and maintain processes for design and validation of embedded control systems.
- Ability to design electronics and electrical circuitry for photonics prototype and products.
- General lab skills (e.g. using oscilloscopes, trace tools, data collection tools, and data analysis techniques).
- Control software (e.g. NI LabVIEW)
- Microcontroller programming (e.g. C, C++)
- Numerical computing (e.g. MATLAB, Octave)
- General purpose programming (e.g. Python)
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for Research and Development
LightHaus Photonics Pte Ltd is a young and vibrant high-tech company founded by Dr Phua Poh Boon (PhD, M.I.T.) in 2011. We have a team of experts specialising in Optics/Photonics, Imaging and System Integration. Our core business is in R&D and customized solutions for our clients. Our clients include government agencies, institutions and statutory boards as well as MNCs. Today our group has successfully transit our proprietary US-patented inventions into cutting-edge products in the global arena. Our latest commercial invention, the frinGOe spectrometer, was published in Laser Focus World, a leading US-based industry magazine on laser technology, optics research and products. LightHaus is a member of the Singapore Business Federation, the apex business chamber in Singapore. We are also ISO 9001 certified.