1. R&D Engineer (Systems Integration)
2. R&D Engineer (Control)
We are searching for a suitable candidate who wish to apply his or her knowledge in the R&D industry. Fresh graduates with exceptional abilities are warmly welcome! Interested candidates please email CV to: email@example.com
- A Singapore Citizen with at least a 2nd Upper Honours degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible candidates with relevant experience will be considered for a Senior position.
- System Integration
- Evaluate hardware module requirements and propose test cases.
- Execute hardware module interfacing, coding, testing, results reporting and documentation.
- Execute systems-level testing (HW/FW/SW) during integration under general guidance.
- Specify, integrate, and validate electronic and electrical modules to realize integrated system.
- Develop system-level control of electro-optical systems involving software coding and hardware interfacing.
- Develop, test and integrate algorithms for position feedback tracking control, vibration compensation, motor control, servo pattern demodulation and seek waveform generation.
- Develop real-time embedded firmware and electronics for realization of advanced high complexity control systems.
- Specify, integrate, and validate electronic and electrical systems to realize control system requirements.
- Develop and maintain processes for design and validation of embedded control systems.
- Ability to design electronics and electrical circuitry for photonics prototype and products.
- General lab skills (e.g. using oscilloscopes, trace tools, data collection tools, and data analysis techniques).
- Control software (e.g. NI LabVIEW)
- Microcontroller programming (e.g. C, C++)
- Numerical computing (e.g. MATLAB, Octave)
- General purpose programming (e.g. Python)
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for Research and Development
LightHaus Photonics Pte Ltd is a young and vibrant high-tech company founded by Dr Phua Poh Boon (PhD, M.I.T.) in 2011. We have a team of experts specialising in Optics/Photonics, Imaging and System Integration. Our core business is in R&D and customized solutions for our clients. Our clients include government agencies, institutions and statutory boards as well as MNCs. Today our group has successfully transit our proprietary US-patented inventions into cutting-edge products in the global arena. Our latest commercial invention, the frinGOe spectrometer, was published in Laser Focus World, a leading US-based industry magazine on laser technology, optics research and products. LightHaus is a member of the Singapore Business Federation, the apex business chamber in Singapore. We are also ISO 9001 certified.
Sr Design Engineer – Optical Sub-Assembly
Finisar is a global technology leader in optical communications. Our world-class products enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For 25 years, we have created critical breakthroughs in optics technology and supplied system manufacturers with the production volumes needed to meet the exploding demand for network bandwidth. Finisar's industry-leading products include optical transceivers, optical engines, active optical cables, optical components, optical instrumentation, ROADM & wavelength management, optical amplifiers, and RF-over-Fiber.
- Design and characterize of high-speed integrated optical transmitter and receiver.
- Provide characteristic analysis of laser diode and photodiode against application through simulation and test validation.
- Conduct competitive analysis of optoelectronics design.
- Assist the optical packaging design team in sub system level design, characterization and testing.
- Research and support for Silicon photonics development.
- Provide continuous guidance to Jr engineers
- Some travel is required to interact with chip vendors and various design teams.
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering/ Optics or related area.
- Min 3 to 5 years of experience in semiconductor laser and photodiode design and characterization.
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics and optoelectronics design.
- Hands-on experience with device level testing and characterization.
- Familiar with silicon photonics characterization
- Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to: Evelyn Yap, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org