Sr Design Engineer – Optical Sub-Assembly
Finisar is a global technology leader in optical communications. Our world-class products enable high-speed voice, video and data communications for networking, storage, wireless, and cable TV applications. For 25 years, we have created critical breakthroughs in optics technology and supplied system manufacturers with the production volumes needed to meet the exploding demand for network bandwidth. Finisar's industry-leading products include optical transceivers, optical engines, active optical cables, optical components, optical instrumentation, ROADM & wavelength management, optical amplifiers, and RF-over-Fiber.
- Design and characterize of high-speed integrated optical transmitter and receiver.
- Provide characteristic analysis of laser diode and photodiode against application through simulation and test validation.
- Conduct competitive analysis of optoelectronics design.
- Assist the optical packaging design team in sub system level design, characterization and testing.
- Research and support for Silicon photonics development.
- Provide continuous guidance to Jr engineers
- Some travel is required to interact with chip vendors and various design teams.
- MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering/ Optics or related area.
- Min 3 to 5 years of experience in semiconductor laser and photodiode design and characterization.
- Deep understanding of semiconductor device physics and optoelectronics design.
- Hands-on experience with device level testing and characterization.
- Familiar with silicon photonics characterization
- Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to: Evelyn Yap, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Engineer / Technical Expert
About Kibing Group
Kibing Group is a leading glass manufacturer in China. The company occupies more than 2000 acres of land and employs more than 4000 workers. It produces premiere glasses for applications such as energy efficient windows, smart windows and solar panels. The company is at the crossroad of deepening its technologies and widening its glass products. We are inviting like-minded and committed people to join us in our journey.
- Design, set up and conduct tests to establish the specifications of the functional glass.
- Identify relevant international standards to be fulfilled and lead the implementation for the compliance to the requirements of those standards.
- Develop new industrial standards (if necessary) with SPRING Singapore.
- Research and development (with local and international research organisations) for technologies to realise the performances needed of the functional glass.
- Research and development (with industrial partners) to convert the developed technologies for functional glass into industrial aligned manufacturing processes.
- Good university degree in technical disciplines, preferably in the domains of Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Materials, from a recognised university.
- Candidates with proven track records of research experience, such as having a Master Degree or PhD, will be considered favourably.
- Fresh graduates with the passions for proof of concept developments, especially in the domains of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Materials, are equally welcomed.
- Having project experiences with research institutions and universities will be a plus and is a requirement for more senior positions.
- Having knowledge in industrial standards and their developments is a requirement for more senior positions.
- Good learning and career growth opportunities.
- Competitive wages.
- Interested candidates please send your CV/resume to: Dr Mark Lim, Email: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.